Monday, June 7, 2010

Split


By: Kelly

An angel and devil rests on my shoulders
Both are me,
Both I must listen to.
But who will I give in to?

The angel persuades me,
She smoothes out my rising anger.
Telling my to do what’s right,
Make others happy, while swallowing back my own pain.
Always think with others in mind.

The devil prompts me, sneers at me,
Mocks me and tempts me.
'Do it,’ she would say,
'They care nothing of your feelings,
So why should you care about them?
Cast them aside!
They hurt you so crush them and
Make their life miserable.’

Their voices,
Sometimes individual,
Sometimes merged,
Rings and echo’s in my head
They haunt me.

Their never relenting cries,
My inner battle,
The outcomes:
The angel will relieve me of my burden
I will be set free.
The other…
I will be crushed under their masive weight
While the devil laughs by my ear and says
'I told you so…’

3 comments:

  1. hope you like it i wrote it because thats how torn i feel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy Its @Biebshawty :) My Blog is
    http://www.bieberandbeadleslover.blogspot.com :) & talk to me on twitter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure :) thank yo uso much for the picture love it so much!

    ReplyDelete